How to Make a Birdbath
This is yet another trash to treasure post! This time, not only did I find a hidden treasure at Goodwill, I also found something in the trash…yes…the trash. Here is my tutorial for how to make a birdbath out of trash (ha!).
- Large plate or bowl
- Trash- ok this one is ambiguous but I’m not sure what it was. A plant stand? An actual birdbath?
- Ceramic birds
- Spray paint
Here is a photo of my “trash”. This was another broken item I found on the side of my house in a trash pile when I first moved in.
Obviously birds love it (or hate it), based on this next gross photo…
I had some left over spray paint from my refurbished thrift store shelf makeover, so I decided to paint the base blue.
While it was drying, I cleaned my plate I found at Goodwill for $7.00. It was the perfect size. It would have been better if it was an orange tag, because it would have been half off that day, but oh well!
I found some ceramic birds that were just adorable. I used E6000 (best stuff ever) to glue the birds onto the plate. I used a bowl to prop them up while they dried. I followed the instructions on the E6000 tube and allowed it to dry for 72 hours.
Finally, I placed the plate on top of my base. Here are a few close ups and after photos. It looks great in my back yard, and I’ve noticed a few birdies playing in it already!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014
- Easy Christmas DIY Ideas - November 14, 2014