Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
The other day I shared my tutorial for some little Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration and a mini Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair I made. That day, I played around with the centerpieces I am going to use for a baby shower I am decorating in this theme. I thought I’d share my ideas with you today along with some tips for saving money by using what you already have. Here are some tips for making Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces.
Items I Bought:
- Wood cut-outs for the top hats
- Pack of four mini clocks (scrapbook section)
- Glass rabbits (on sale for less than $1 after Easter)
- Pack of mini glass bottles (scrapbook section)
Items I already had:
- Decorative cages
- Apothecary jars/ glass vases
- Old books
- Tea party set (my daughter’s)
- Scrapbook paper and twine for “Drink Me” tags
Bottom line: I spent less than $10 on these centerpieces because I raided the décor in my house! I was able to put together these four examples.
Tip #1: You can even use recycled sauce and Mason Jars to make small vignettes and group a few together.
Tip #2: I happen to have a collection of vintage books. If you do not, you can remove the covers of hardback books and use them as well.
Tip #3: I used a tea party set that my daughter had. If you don’t have one, thrift stores like Goodwill always has inexpensive tea cups and sauces. You can mix and match for a party like this. If you have trouble finding ones you like, look for the shape you like and spray paint them. You can’t go wrong with metallic gold tea cups!
For other Alice in Wonderland Ideas check out these posts:
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpiece Idea
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Alice in Wonderland First Birthday Party
- Alice in Wonderland Flowers
- Alice in Wonderland Theme Party: Red Paper Flowers
- DIY Mad Hatter Top Hat
- DIY Queen of Hearts Skirt
- Recycled Plastic Container Crown (Queen of Hearts)
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party - September 2, 2015
- The GMC DIY Challenge is Live - September 1, 2015
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015