Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces
When I made these cute little Mad Hatter Hats the other day for centerpieces for a Mad Hatter Tea Party baby shower I am working on, I couldn’t resist and found these cute little wooden cut-out chairs to use too. I thought they’d also be fun to place inside apothecary jars to make Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces.
- Chair wooden cut-out
- Gold metallic paint
- Paint brush
- Felt scraps
- Fabric scraps
I found these wooden cut-outs and Michael’s Craft Stores.
I painted them gold with metallic acrylic craft paint.
I had some felt and left over fabric from an antique chair I reupholstered. I cut our a seat cushion out of the red felt and cut out the chair backing out of the left over material. I used white glue to attach them.
In minutes I had these adorable little chairs that remind me of the chairs at the Mad Hatter Tea party in Alice in Wonderland! For the baby shower, I will put them next to a glass apothecary jar filled with moss, a “drink me” bottle and a little white rabbit stop watch. I like the idea of stacking them on antique books as well.
For other Alice in Wonderland Ideas check out these posts:
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Alice in Wonderland First Birthday Party
- Alice in Wonderland Flowers
- Alice in Wonderland Theme Party: Red Paper Flowers
- DIY Mad Hatter Top Hat
- DIY Queen of Hearts Skirt
- Recycled Plastic Container Crown (Queen of Hearts)
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party - September 2, 2015
- The GMC DIY Challenge is Live - September 1, 2015
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015