Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
I am so honored to be in charge of the decorations for one of my great friends baby shower for her twins! The theme the hosts decided on was a vintage inspired Mad Hatter Tea Party. I thought it’d be fun to make little Mad Hatter hats as part of the centerpieces decorations.
- Top hat wood cut-outs
- Green craft paint
- Paint brush
- Ribbon (green and black)
- Scrapbook paper
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Craft glue
- Wire hanger
- Wire cutter
- Craft beads
I found these fun top hat cut-outs at Michael’s craft stores. They were only .49 and I had a coupon for 30% off! Score! They were practically free!
I painted both sides green.
While I waited for them to dry, I cut two wire hangers in approximately two inch pieces.
I hot glued beads to the tips of each wire piece. Some of the beads I took from an old necklace (I save everything)! I also gathered some other embellishments for the hat. I cut out small squares out of scrapbook paper scraps and wrote the iconic Mad Hatter price of 10/6 on it.
I assembled each trim with glue.
Lastly, I hot glued it to my painted top hats. They turned out so cute!
I am going to group them in various cages, apothecary jars, and glass domes with vintage books, tea cups, glass white rabbits and mini clocks. I can’t wait to show you some of the centerpieces I’ve put together!
For other Alice in Wonderland Ideas check out these posts:
- Alice in Wonderland First Birthday Party
- Alice in Wonderland Flowers
- Alice in Wonderland Theme Party: Red Paper Flowers
- DIY Mad Hatter Top Hat
- DIY Queen of Hearts Skirt
- Recycled Plastic Container Crown (Queen of Hearts)
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015