Mango Pina Colada Lip Balm DIY
Thank you to Nature’s Flavors for sponsoring this post, Mango Pina Colada Lip Balm DIY. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have made my own lip balm before, but I must say that this batch might possibly be the best! I’m going to venture to say it’s because of the ingredients I chose to work with this time around. Here is what you need for this Mango Pina Colada Lip Balm DIY.
This recipe makes four small containers of lip balm.
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Cocoa Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Beeswax
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil
- 5 drops Natural Mango Flavor Oil
- 5 drops Organic Pina Colada Flavor Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Small Saucepan
- Pyrex Measuring Cup
- Metal Measuring Spoon
- Paper Towel
- Lip Balm Containers
- Cutting Board
- Old Book Page
- Double Sided Tape
Choose the best ingredients. Nature’s Flavors has produced natural organic flavors for over 30 years. They have a variety of over 8000 custom flavors to choose from including everything from banana to lemon meringue. I chose pina colada and mango for my lip balm.
Fill a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Place a glass Pyrex measuring cup inside and turn the stove to medium high heat.
Meanwhile, using a cutting board and knife chip off approximately 2 tablespoons of beeswax.
Place the beeswax, one tablespoon of coconut oil, and one tablespoon of coco butter inside your glass measuring cup and allow it to melt.
One the mixture is melted, give it a stir and remove it from the heat.
Using a dropper, put five drops of mango flavor and five drops of pina colada flavor into your mixture and stir.
Fill your containers. I like to save containers or ask friends to save them for me and reuse them for projects like this.
Tip: If you are reusing an old tube container like this one allow the lip balm to harden slightly, and then top it off with more lip balm mixture.
The lip balm will harden after a few minutes.
Your homemade lip balm should work just as well as in a store bought lip balm container.
I covered my containers with old book pages for a finished look.
There you have it! These make great homemade gifts as well!
Looking for more homemade hostess gift ideas? Try these!
- Cookie Mason Jar Gifts
- Cookie Lollipop Gift
- Easy Felt No Sew Bags
- Mason Jar Teacher’s Survival Gift Kits
- Wine Tasting Party Score Card Printable
- Toilet Paper Roll Gift Wrapping
- Recycled Carton Gift Basket
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015