Paper Flower Magnets
After making a Hollow Book Safe out of antique books that I inherited, I kept the left over pages in case I wanted to use them to make other craft projects. I ended up making these cute Paper Flower Magnets out of a few of the recycled book pages and beer bottle caps.
I actually made these book page flowers a few months ago but I wanted to wait to post the tutorial to see if they would pass the test of time. So far so good! My toddler has tugged and pulled and played and they remain intact… phew!
So here is a quick picture tutorial on how I made them. The materials needed are:
- Pages from books (colorful children’s books would work nicely too)
- Flower Craft Punch
- Bottle Caps
- Decoupage Medium
- Paint brush
- Rhinestone Embellishments (optional)
The photos are self-explanatory, so here are a few tips.
Tip One: Make sure to decoupage both sides of the flower.
Tip Two: If you are using layers, let the coats of decoupage medium dry completely in between coats and layers (approximately 15 minutes). Use two coats.
Tip Three: When adhering the magnet, use a strong glue bonding agent.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- A Dozen St. Patrick’s Day Ideas - March 7, 2014
- DIY Spring Bunting and Gift Box Set - March 6, 2014
- St. Patrick’s Day Fabric Scrap and Burlap Scrap Bunting - March 5, 2014