Popular Martini Recipes
Written By: David Edessa
The Martini: The Good, the Bad, and Ugly!
Traditionally, a martini is gin up and dry vermouth served in a martini glass with olives or lemon twist.
The industry definition of a Martini is an alcoholic beverage without ice served in a cocktail glass most often the ingredients are added to a cocktail shaker with ice, shaken or stirred…. then the ice cold liquid is strained into a cocktail glass. What a boring definition and not fun at all!!!
Martini Recipes today are more diverse than the Gin Martini or Vodka that once dominated the Cocktail scene. Today’s Martini Recipes tend to use more flavors, by adding sweet liqueurs like Chambord, Apple Pucker, Peach schnapps and many others. Also with the birth of chef bartenders and molecular mixology… fresh and dry herbs, flavored vinegars, juices and mixers have helped to create an endless list of Martinis.
Enough with the definition of what a martini may or may not be… These drinks ARE meant to be enjoyed.
Here is what I consider the most popular martini recipes.
- 1.5 oz. Vodka (I prefer a Citron)
- 1.5 oz. Apple Schnapps (Pucker is favorite apple brand)
- Garnish with a slice of apple
Shake and strain into a cocktail glass The Apple Martini also called the Apple-tini is a sour apple flavored Martini. This cocktail is very easy to mix. It is just vodka and Apple schnapps.
- 2 oz. Vodka (I prefer Citron vodka)
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 fresh lime squeeze
- 1/2 oz. Cranberry Juice
- Garnish with a lime wheel
Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. The color should be a lite pink. For fun I’ve used tangerine or mandarin vodka….. It gives it a bit of a twist.
Lemon Drop Martini
- 2 oz. Citron Vodka
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz. of Sweet & Sour Mix
- Rim glass with powdered sugar.
Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a sugar coated lemon wedge. Also, for a twist I recommend using a Mandarin or Orange vodka.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015