Pumpkin Café au Lait
Halloween is just around the corner. When I was a kid one of my favorite desserts was roasted pumpkin with cream. In fact, I loved it so much and looked forward to it all year. It was upsetting to me when I found out that you could not eat jack-o’ lanterns!!! What a waste
“You didn’t tell me you were gonna kill it.”-Linus to Lucy as she takes the seeds out of the pumpkin before they carve it. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’
And if you’re looking for an alcohol free drink then skip the booze. It’s delicious as just a coffee drink.
Spiced Pumpkin Bourbon Café Au Lait:
- 1 oz. Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier liqueur
- ½ oz. Godiva Caramel liqueur
- 5-6 oz. Pumpkin Au Lait (recipe below)
- Graham Cracker Mixture
Pour the whiskey and liqueur into a footed mug. Add the Pumpkin Café au Lait mix to the mug. Finish with whipped cream and sprinkle graham cracker mix on top.
Pumpkin Café au Lait:
- 1 cup Whole Organic Milk
- 4 tbsp. Organic Pumpkin Pie filling
- 2 tbsp. Organic Orange Blossom Honey
- 2 tbsp. Pure Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla Bean extract
- 1 cup Strong Black Coffee
Combine all ingredients in a blender, except for the coffee. Warm the finished pumpkin milk mixture on the stovetop (be careful not to burn). Add one cup of strong hot black coffee. Lightly, whisk mix until completely blended.
Graham Cracker mixture:
- ½ cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
Side Note: Tasty on French Vanilla ice cream!!!
DRINK RESPONSIBLE & DRINK SMART!!!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016