Recycled T Shirt Bunting
I wanted to spruce up my mantle for the holidays so I decided to make a Thanksgiving banner. Naturally, I wanted to use recycled materials so I found an old wrinkled cotton T shirt in my husband’s side of the closet (my side is neat and tidy of course!). There was a huge stain on the front right on the chest so this was perfect for my recycled T shirt bunting.
Here are the materials you will need:
- Old clothing item
- Paper (to make your flag pattern)
- Spray starch
- Fabric paint
- Ribbon or rope
- Hot glue
Step One: Grab and old T shirt or any other piece of clothing. Feel free to play with colors and textures.
Step Two: Make your flag pattern. I used a piece of cardstock (8”X6”). It’s easiest to start with a rectangle, measure the center of one end, and draw a diagonal line from one corner to the center mark for both sides and cut.
Step Three: Cut out your flags. I chose to spell out “Give Thanks”.
Step Four: Lay out your flags to iron and spray it with starch.
Step Five: Iron your flags.
Step Seven: Allow your letters to dry and then hot glue each flag to your rope. I bought 3 yards of rope they had on sale for the holidays and cut it in half. It was perfect for my recycled T shirt banner!
Here are some AFTER photos.
I took these during the day…
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015
- A Dozen Uses for DIY Photo Clips - August 24, 2015
- Enter to Win the #TruliHome $25K Giveaway - August 21, 2015