Repurposed Bed Spring Craft Storage
Recently I posted a tour of my craft room. Believe it or not, I am running out of space for my stuff… I know… I’m crazy. My daughter outgrew her toddler bed and I wanted to repurposed her bed spring somehow. After thinking about it for a few days I ended up making Repurposed Bed Spring Craft Storage! Here’s how I did.
- Bed Spring
- Krylon Sea Glass Spray Paint
- Wire baskets
- S Hooks
- Mason Jars or Recycled Jars
- Pipe Repair Clamps
First I spray painted the bed spring in a well-ventilated area. I used two coats of Krylon’s Sea Glass spray paint. I also did a touch up coat.
Once it was dry I had no idea what I was going to do with it… Ha! So after I came up with my craft storage idea, I headed to Home Depot and bought some S Hooks.
I actually already had Pipe Repair Clamps that I bought when a hardware store went out of business months ago.
I inserted some old spaghetti sauce jars and tightened the clamps.
To attach the jars to the bed spring, I used twine. You can also use plastic ties. By attaching it this way, I figured I can easily move it if I change my mind.
I attached the baskets with S hooks. S hooks also make it easy to rearrange the baskets if needed.
Here are a couple AFTER photos. I also used clothespins on the wires to attach some things.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party - September 2, 2015
- The GMC DIY Challenge is Live - September 1, 2015
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015