Repurposed Ornament Ideas
Here are some great ways to use holiday ornaments other than on your tree! All of these repurposed ornament ideas can be done quickly and easily.
1. Use them on top of a candle stick to create a vignette. This works great on your fireplace mantel, or any table top.
2. Use them as a place card holder. Many modern ornaments double as small frames to hang on your tree. Use them as a place card holder instead and insert a picture of your guest. If you have trouble finding a picture, stalk them on Facebook first (ha ha) or you can write their name on cardstock to be inserted. Have your guests take the ornament place card holder home as a gift to remember the evening.
3. Make a garland with ornaments and ribbon. Hang the garland down your staircase, drape them across your mantel, or hang them from a window.
4. Display ornaments under glass or in a vase. It’s time to break out all those unused vases that are collecting dust in your cupboard from all those flowers you’ve received from Valentine’s past. Or make a DIY Apothecary jar to display your ornaments in.
5. Use them as a gift embellishment or gift tag. Ornaments are a great way to give your wrapping a special touch. Try making this toilet paper roll flower ornament to embellish a hand-made gift.
6. Make an ornament chandelier. Dress up those ugly chandeliers that come with that rental or glam up your existing lighting fixture. Consider using fishing wire to create a floating effect and hang each ornament at various levels.
7. Make a napkin holder. Dress up your holiday table scape by simply attaching an ornament to your napkins. Your guests can take them home as a party favor.
8. Simply hang them in a wreath. For me, the simpler the better!
9. Make an ornament centerpiece. Use coordinating colors in your dinner table scape or a top a flat surface. Mix your ornaments with garland, ribbon, pinecones, branches, and other natural elements.