Shutters are probably the one item that you can find in every flea market, garage sale, salvage yard, or recycling stores like Habitat for Humanity Restore. Not only are they abundant, but they are usually inexpensive. With a little paint and creativity, you can literally turn trash into treasure. Here are some great ideas for repurposed shutters.
In my search to find DIY inspiration for repurposed shutters, I found that most were used for organization. Shutters could be used for organizing everything from mail to potted plants or from family photos and post cards to kitchen utensils.
Here is a great idea using shutters for decorative display from 221 Vision.
Make a big impact in the dining room with these beautiful ideas.
This repurposed furniture idea is an outdoor table is from Goodhouskeeping.com.
I LOVE this free standing headboard from a display at Anthropologie. Once again, GREEN is my color!
This crafty shutter shelf is from BHG.com
Shutters work well for bathroom organization as well.
Additional Photo Sources: Etsy.com, Goodhousekeeping.com, Pintrest.com, Dwellinggawker.com
More Ways to Repurpose!
Thirty creative ways to recycle, reuse, and repurpose:
- 10 Ways to Recycle Newspaper
- 4 Ways to Reuse Old Boxes
- 5 Creative Ways to Repurpose Old Books
- 5 More Creative Ways to Repurpose Old Books
- 6 Ways to Recycle Bottles and Glass Jars
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015
- Photo Craft Project Ideas - May 15, 2015