Repurposed Spice Rack
The other day I was doing some spring cleaning and purging. Although I feel like I’m ALWAYS cleaning, I noticed a little bit of dust on my spice rack. Then it dawned on me. I have had that spice rack for over five years and I have NEVER used it. Why do I have a feeling that many of you can relate? Anyway, here it is. Even in the picture you can see how full they are!
Naturally, my next step was to Google “shelf life of spices”. I came across some interesting links. After a little research, I found out and answered the following questions:
1. Are your spices older than three years old? YES
2. Have they lost their color? YES
3. Have they lost their aroma? YES
4. Do you even know what the heck some of them are used for? NO
There you have it… time to get rid of it. Just kidding! Being the hoarder that I am, I could never throw it away! I would repurpose it; but into what? I looked around my craft room and found two containers and two drawers of craft items that I thought would fit perfectly.
I dumped out each container.
And washed and dried each bottle.
My beads, shells, stickers, pins, charms, and the like are all now organized in one place and can easily be seen! Here are some pictures of my repurposed spice rack.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party - September 2, 2015
- The GMC DIY Challenge is Live - September 1, 2015
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015