I’ve seen a lot of Scrabble craft projects like ornaments, key chains, and jewelry on Pintrest and Etsy, which gave me inspiration to do this project. We had an extra old Scrabble game sitting all alone in our closet ever since we got… wait for it… the Scrabble Diamond Addition! Yes, I am quite the Scrabble geek.
I made this Scrabble tile art piece for our guest room. I used an 8X10 frame and was able to fit the words, welcome, sleep, trip, dreamers, travel, guests, and getaway from the tiles of one Scrabble game. Make sure you lay out your words to ensure proper fit into the frame.
This would make a great DIY gift as well! Consider making one with themed words for other rooms in the house like a kitchen, bathroom, playroom, or game room.
Try these other DIY decorating ideas:
- How to Make an Envelope Pillow
- Framed Travel Collage
- Photo Wall
- DIY Wall Art: Unique Picture Frame Ideas
- Update Old Sconces with Paint
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Washi Tape Gift Wrapping - November 25, 2014
- Holiday Tips for a Beautiful Home - November 25, 2014
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014