St. Patrick’s Day Craft: Pot of Gold
Being a known craft hoarder among my circle of friends, I am often given a craft challenge. For example, my friend Amanda gave me a sandwich bag of coin wrappers and I made flowers out of them. Most recently, my friend Jenny gave me some baby food jars. With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner I decided to make a little chalkboard paint pot of gold with chocolate coins to give out as a gift or use as a favor. Here is a St. Patrick’s Day Craft: Pot of Gold.
- Recycled baby food jars
- Chalkboard Paint
- Paint brush
- Toothpicks or BBQ skewers
- Cotton balls
- Gold ribbon
- Green ribbon
- Any small craft punch related to St. Patrick’s Day or Springtime (I used a flower)
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Chocolate gold coins
- Colored paper scraps in rainbow colors
First, clean remove the label with warm soapy water and dry your jars.
To make the banner, punch out two of each color and use glue to attach it to your green ribbon. Tie the ends to your toothpicks to make a small banner.
Line the edge of the jar with gold ribbon by gluing it and glue on cotton balls to form a cloud on top of the lid. Hot glue the sticks to the lid of the jar maneuvering it until it is sturdy.
Paint the jar with chalkboard paint using a paint brush. I painted my jar with two coats, allowing one hour in between coats. Let the final coat of chalkboard paint dry for 24 hours, allowing it to cure before writing on it with chalk.
Write the recipient’s name on your jar, or “Happy St. Patrick’s day” and fill it with gold chocolate coins!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Washi Tape Gift Wrapping - November 25, 2014
- Holiday Tips for a Beautiful Home - November 25, 2014
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014