Stenciled Burlap Sacks DIY
You may know that I am obsessed with dollar bins at retail stores. I ALWAYS get sucked in. There are very few times where I walk by and find nothing. This time I found some little burlap sacks and some pretty trim. I tossed them into my basket and knew exactly what I was going to make with them. Here is my tutorial for stenciled burlap sacks. They make fun wedding favors, gift wrapping, or even great gifts as-is for jewelry or other small trinkets.
- Dollar bin burlap sacks
- Various trim
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Black craft paint
- Foam spouncer
- Small paper plate
Here are the cute little bags I found. They were three for two dollars.
I also found this pretty trim in mint, yellow, and white.
I used adhesive stencils for this project. The Martha Stewart brand is great because the fuzz from the burlap rubs right off the stencil if you run it under a little water and it’s as good as new. I placed the stencil on my bag and used a spouncer and black paint.
Tip: Here are my tips for stenciling, crafting, and caring for burlap.
I made each bag a little different.
Next, I added trim to each bag using a hot glue gun. You can use fabric glue as well, but I found it easier to use hot glue (I’m an Expert Hot Gluer!).
Here they are… adorable, right? I am using these as gift bags for small gifts. I think these would also make really sweet wedding or baby shower favor bags as well.
More Burlap Craft Ideas:
- Centerpiece with Stenciled Burlap
- Burlap Wire Hanger Wreath Tutorial
- Repurposed Earring Burlap and Feather Napkin Rings
- How to Make a Burlap Flower
- Burlap Stenciled Placemats
Burlap Accent Crafts:
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014
- Easy Christmas DIY Ideas - November 14, 2014