Teacher Gift Thrift Store Upcycle
When I was thrift shopping the other day I found a kids activity tray that I upcycled; I also found this rooster tray for $3.00. Not my style, but definitely fixable with a little thrift store upcycle. I snatched it up and decided to make a colorful tray for Mia’s teacher to use in her classroom. I thought it’d be a nice welcome back to school teacher gift.
Here is the tray BEFORE.
- Scrapbook paper
- Paper cutter
- Mod Podge
- Spray Paint or paint
I had some metallic green spray paint from Krylon that I have wanted to try. The metallic goes well because the scrapbook paper I chose has a shiny metallic gold in it. I painted the sides on a tarp outside.
I had some fun scrapbook paper with an apple theme. One said, “apple of my eye” on it and measured and cut a few pieces in different colors and patterns to size.
Next I used Mod Podge to apply the paper. I applied the glue on both the tray ad the back of the scrapbook paper. I smoothed it out to ensure there were no bubbles, and then applied a top layer. I let it dry completely.
Here is how it turned out! Mia can’t wait to give it to her teacher.
In case you missed it, here are some more fun homemade Teacher Gift Ideas:
- Gold and Glittered Mason Jar Centerpiece
- Cookie Mason Jar Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- Cookie Lollipops
- DIY Personalized Burlap Bags
- Easy DIY Personalized Pens Gift Idea
- Teacher Appreciation Free Printables
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014
- Easy Christmas DIY Ideas - November 14, 2014