The Old Fashion: A Classic Cocktail
This week, David has two Old Fashion cocktail recipes, the Classic Old Fashion recipe and the Mediterranean Old Fashion recipe. Perfect for a sophisticated evening cocktail party, both recipes are no fuss, easy to make, and can be quickly prepared. Enjoy!
Written By: David Edessa
Classic Old Fashion recipe:
- 2 oz. Rye or Bourbon Whiskey
- ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: Lemon peel
Pour whiskey, syrup, and bitters into a cracked-ice-filled old-fashioned glass and stir 10 to 15 times. Twist a wide lemon peel over the top and drop into the drink.
This is a recipe that I use currently that I find people to really enjoy…
Mediterranean Old Fashion recipe:
- 1¼ oz. Rye Whiskey
- ½ oz. East India Solera Sherry
- 2 dashes Blood Orange bitters
- Garnish: Orange peel
First item is to build your drink in an old fashion glass. Combine all ingredients into the glass without ice. Twist a wide orange peel over the top and drop into the drink. Add three large ice cubes and stir glass with a bar spoon in a circular motion 10 to 15 times. The stirring will let the ice dilute whiskey slightly without adding water and making a watery mess.
DRINK RESPONSIBLE & DRINK SMART!Rock 2013!!Be Safe!!
Check out all of David’s FANTASTIC cocktail party recipes! Find the perfect one for any occasion.
Latest posts by David Edessa (see all)
- 5 Tasty Holiday Cocktail Recipes - October 18, 2013
- Eight Tasty Cocktail Recipes for Summer Entertaining - June 28, 2013
- Infused Tequila and Cocktail ideas for Cinco de Mayo - May 3, 2013
- Jala-Piña Margarita Cocktail - April 26, 2013
- March Madness Cocktail Recipes - April 5, 2013