Thrift Store Find Wooden Bowl Makeover
I spend A LOT of time perusing the aisle of thrift stores. As a result, I have done so many thrift store makeovers. If I go, I rarely leave empty-handed. If you have the patience to look, there’s a good chance you’ll find a hidden gem. I found this wooden bowl for $6.00 at a local Goodwill. I snatched it up, because I know that wooden bowls like these are usually too pricey for what I am willing to pay. Here is my process for my wooden bowl makeover from this lovely thrift store find. You only need four things.
- Wooden Bowl
- Jute rope
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Here is the bowl before. It is a little scratched up but nothing too bad.
The easiest way is to start from the bottom up. Also, you can use other glue, but I found it easiest to use hot glue because it dries quickly. For me, since I work with hot glue so much, it’s less messy for me that white glue as well.
Simply keep gluing and winding until you reach the desired height. I kept part of the bowl open because I like how the wood and jute look together.
I am using mine for fruit and decorative purposes. It is food safe because I didn’t alter the inside of the bowl itself. It is also hand wash only.
Hope you try it out!
Looking for more homemade hostess gift ideas? Try these!
- Cookie Mason Jar Gifts
- Cookie Lollipop Gift
- Easy Felt No Sew Bags
- Mason Jar Teacher’s Survival Gift Kits
- Wine Tasting Party Score Card Printable
- Mango Pina Colada Lip Balm DIY
- Toilet Paper Roll Gift Wrapping
- Recycled Carton Gift Basket
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Washi Tape Gift Wrapping - November 25, 2014
- Holiday Tips for a Beautiful Home - November 25, 2014
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014