I recently posted that I found some amazing deals on two large mirrors I bought and I FINALLY got around to refurbishing one of them to do a mirror makeover! As a reminder, this is the one that was originally $120.00 and I got for $8.00!!!
Here is what was wrong with it and why I got such a good deal. It was really scratched.
It also isn’t real wood and the top layers of some parts were peeling off. All I did to fix this, was glued the small pieces back together.
Next, to protect the mirror from paint, I covered it with newspaper.
I took it outside and sprayed a coat of primer on it. Primer works well in this case because 1) it helps hide Knicks and scratches, and 2) I was painting it a lighter color.
Next, I spray painted the edges a metallic silver. I used the same silver as I did on this mirror makeover.
Next, I hand painted the top of the mirror gray. The same gray I used for my garage sale night stand makeover.
OK, this photo is a little tough to see, but you can see the two-tone if you look REALLY hard! I couldn’t get a good picture!
Now, I should have thought this out better in taking AFTER photos but I just couldn’t get a good shot. So here is my lousy attempt at some AFTER photos. It was too heavy to move again after I hung it. It doesn’t help that it’s hung in an awkward place with bad lighting for photos! Oh well! I swear it looks better in person!
Not bad for an $8.00 find!