Upcycled Fabric Duck Tape Shelves
This upcycled trash to treasure project may possibly be the quickest, easiest, and cutest makeover I’ve done in a while. When I went to the CHA Mega Show I had the privilege of viewing the new fabric Duck Tape line. I immediately wanted to try it out! We use an old IKEA shelf from when my husband was single to organize Mia’s room. Sure, the shelves are useful; however they are black and harsh for a little girl’s room. My solution is upcycled fabric Duck Tape shelves.
You only need two supplies:
- The Fabric Duck Tape of your choice and
- The Fiskars Amplify Craft Shears (because they cut Duck Tape perfectly!)
Here are the shelves BEFORE.
Sorry! I REALLY should have dusted them before I took the picture… whoops!!!
I simply added pink Fabric Duck Tape to the trim. It happened to be the perfect width. It was so quick and easy! The best part is is that if you are tired of it. You can take it off and try a different color or pattern. I used three rolls for this, but had plenty left over (I used three to have one continuous piece for each side).
Here are two AFTER shots.
Here is another BEFORE and AFTER.
It’s such a small thing, but it makes a huge difference in her room! Now I am obsessed and need to make a bunch of other things that match! Hmmmm… stay tuned!
In case you missed it, here are a few other Duck Tape projects I have done:
Thank you to Duck Tape for sponsoring this post!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015
- Photo Craft Project Ideas - May 15, 2015