Valentines Day Craft DIY Garland
This Valentines Day Craft DIY Garland is a fun and easy activity for kids. It’s very easy to do and involves using recycled materials. I always seem to work that in my crafty projects! This was another one of those quick crafts that I made with items I already had. My daughter and I always try to think of projects to do during the day and she had a blast helping me.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Paper scraps (I used pink and red)
- Old book pages
- Paper cutter or scissors (preferably a paper cutter because it would be a pain to cut all those strips!)
- Double sided tape
- Felt (I had felt craft birds from the dollar bin at Michael’s Craft Store)
- Hot glue
We cut several strips of paper and book pages into one inch wide strips in three different lengths with a paper cutter. OK, I completely forgot to measure the lengths but if I had to guess I would say 6”, 7” and 8”.
Fold each strip in half.
Next, using a small narrow piece of double sided tape, bend the curve of the heart in and tape the ends together.
It will naturally form the perfect heart shape.
We decided to layer the large (red) and small hearts (book pages), attaching with double sided tape. Using a hot glue gun, I glued a small felt bird with a gemstone eye to the tip of the heart. If you can’t find felt craft birds, you can always cut and make them yourself with a simple bird silhouette and felt.
We punched a hole in the last two hearts, and tied ribbon to it.
We attached the hearts together with tape and voila! You have a whimsical recycled heart Valentine’s Day banner.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015