Make an Elf Sized No Sew Scarf Out of Felt Scraps
I’m positive our elf Josie gets cold when she travels back and forth from the North Pole. So to go along with her elf boots, elf apron skirt, little elf messenger bag, and elf ribbon tutu, I just had to make an Elf Sized No Sew Scarf. This is another easy craft that takes a few minutes and costs less than a dollar to make.
Watch the Video
Here’s a quick video on how to make these. If you have any questions, hopefully I answered them below!
Making the Scarf
Time: 5 Minutes
This materials list contains recommended products I use.
I raided my craft room and looked for felt I already had laying around. You don’t need much. I picked green and white to contrast our all red Josie. All I did was cut a long thin strip for the scarf and two white rectangles measuring twice the width of the scarf. I folded it over the ends of the scarf and hot glued it together.
Next I fringed then ends with scissors.
You can also add ribbon trim if you like.In minutes I had a cute little scarf for Josie that cost me nothing!
Giving the Elf the Scarf
I know you can buy elf clothes at a retail store, but sometimes I wonder, when your kids see them sitting on shelves, how do you explain how to give it to your elf to wear? Here are some ideas:
- Wrap and leave them as a present under the tree with the kids with a note to the elf.
- In the past, we have placed them near where the elf is and the kids tell her it’s a gift for her to wear the next day.
- Sometimes, if we leave the clothes on the counter, the elf finds it and magically has them on the next day.
- We have made a mini clothesline or put them in a mini suitcase for the elf.
More Fun Elf Shenenigans
In case you missed it, here are a few other Elf on the Shelf craft ideas and printables I made:
- Elf on the Shelf First Day Idea– A cute poem and FREE printable for your elf’s arrival.
- No Sew Elf on the Shelf Skirt– The Elf on the Shelf clothing you can buy at the store is so expensive. This is a quick and easy no sew tutorial for how to make an apron skirt for pennies.
- How to Make Elf Shoes– One day Mia asked why Josie did have shoes. The next day she showed up with a new pair!
- Elf on the Shelf Bad Day Poem with Printable– Speaking of misbehaving, I ended up creating this FREE printable with a poem from your elf for the day after your child(ren) has been not so nice.
In case you missed it, check out all my crazy Elf on the Shelf posts!
Here is another video of some of my ideas. Enjoy!