Learn to Decoupage
Decoupage is a simple and easy to learn DIY craft project. Decoupage is the creative way of decorating any item or piece of furniture or even a blank canvas by simply adhering pieces of paper with glue or decoupage medium, like Mod Podge. It’s a unique way to update furniture or create a personalize a gift.
- An item to decoupage such as a box, tray, or lamp; or a piece of furniture such as a table, wooden chair, or dresser;
- Paper such as, photos, magazine cut outs, maps, sheet music, book pages, postcards, posters, wallpaper, etc.
- A decoupage medium such as Mod Podge, or diluted Elmer’s School Glue
- Foam Paint Brush
- Scissors or utility knife to cut out your images (tearing paper is fine too)
Five Quick Tips:
- Make sure the item you choose to decoupage is clean and completely dry
- Think outside the box, for example decoupaging wallpaper remnants onto dresser drawers
- Apply medium to both the object and the back of the paper
- Continue to add coats of the decoupage medium until you get the desired results
- It usually takes about six hours for your project to dry
Click on the links for additional tutorials of the photos shown.